Our Standard Service is thorough and includes options often charged for as extra.
Customers often want to know how much their service will cost, but aren’t really sure what needs to be done to their vehicle, making it difficult for us to quote realistically.We have set out to simplify this for mutual benefit.
A Standard Service is carried out as detailed below and takes about 1.5 hours to complete. There are several other procedures that might or might not be required but if we have not seen the vehicle before we will not know which is due.
This does not apply to a logbook service as the requirements are stipulated by the manufacturer, and if less than the standard service is required, then that can easily be arranged.
Usually for older cars out of warranty.
- Replace engine oil and filter*
- Test brake fluid for water content
- Test coolant for quality
- Inspect tyres, wear and side wall condition, adjust tyre pressure including spare if needed
- Test battery condition
- Inspect air filter
- Front and rear tyre rotation and balance
- Inspect front and rear disc brakes, disc pads and rotor condition
- Inspect and adjust rear brake shoes if fitted and check wheel cylinders
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks and security
- Inspect transmission and driveline oil levels and quality
- Inspect under body for oil leaks
- Inspect front steering and suspension arms, linkages and bushes for wear
- Inspect rear suspension arms, linkages and bushes for wear
- Inspect front struts/shock absorbers for leaks and mounting bushes for wear
- Grease all steering, suspension, drive shafts joints if applicable
- Inspect external drive belts, pulleys and tensioner
- Inspect drive shaft, joints, boots and couplings for wear
- Inspect engine and transmission mounts for cracks, alignment and condition
- Inspect seat belt operation, report on condition
- Replace cabin filter as required, air conditioner and vent controls for correct operation
- Check and top up all under bonnet fluid levels
- Check all external lights
- Inspect windscreen wipers and washer operation
- Check horn operation
- Lube door locks and hinges
- Report and clear fault codes *
- Road test and report
Optional Service Requirements
- Transmission/CVT oil and filter change
- Gearbox oil change
- Transfer case oil change
- Rear diff oil change
- Front diff oil change
- Brake fluid change*
- Clutch fluid change*
- Engine/Inverter Coolant Change*
- Power Steering fluid change
- Fuel filter change
- Spark plug change
- Timing belt change*
- Drive belt change
* Normally specified in a Logbook Service at set mileages.
Cars under warranty.
We provide a convenient and value for money alternative to having your vehicle serviced at the dealership you bought it from. The law in Australia states that the required maintenance for your vehicle does NOT have to be performed at the dealership. Provided the following requirements are met, your new car warranty will be maintained.
The workshop and it’s staff must be licensed to carry on business as an automotive repair shop and must fulfil all the required regulations that entails.
Manufacturer Specified Parts and Fluids:
The parts used to repair and maintain your vehicle must be original, equivalent or better quality than those which the manufacturer recommends. That means we use the same kind of parts and fluids that you would get at the dealership.
Servicing must be carried out as per the procedures stipulated by the vehicle manufacturer. In many cases this requires specialist equipment, which we have available to use.